Eastman team members are helping support front line health care workers fighting the COVID-19 pandemic by providing materials to help make critical items needed for medical, health and hygiene products that are in short supply.
Eastman has made the following contributions:
- 10,000 face shields for Massachusetts hospitals, thanks to a collaboration with SMC Ltd.;
- Donated copolyester resins to PRP Creation as part of an effort by cosmetics companies to produce 475,000 bottles of hand sanitizer for health organizations in France;
- Distributed window film to Harlow College to produce 300 additional face shields for hospital workers in the United Kingdom;
- Collaborated with the Tennessee Higher Education Commission and universities to help produce 10,000 face shields;
- Donated copolyesters to companies in Brazil to manufacture 20,000 face shields for hospitals; and
- Donated critical personal protective equipment (PPEP) including 180 N95 masks and 4,400 nitrile gloves to Massachusetts first responders.
The company has also converted a pilot plant at its largest U.S. manufacturing site to produce hand sanitizer for area schools and emergency responders.
“Quick, creative collaborations within our communities are making an impact,” said Mark Costa, board chair and CEO. “I am so proud of our hardworking Eastman employees who are guided by our shared vision that our work today will help slow down the spread of the virus tomorrow.”